TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Once your account has been approved for 30 day credit terms, payment must be made within 30 days of the statement.
- Statement payments can be made using direct deposit or cheque.
- Should your account not be approved initially you may be required to pay cash up front for 3 months to gain a credit history with Dateline Imports. This requires consistent monthly orders with payment for the account (as required).
- A 2% surcharge applies to all American Express and Diners Club card transactions.
- Failure to pay within 30 days of statement may result in the discontinuance of supply and removal of credit.
- All legal and collection fees incurred in the recovery of overdue accounts will be the responsibility of the customer. Interest at current bank overdraft rates will be charged on overdue accounts.
- All COD accounts are required to pay in advance by major credit card, direct deposit, or cheque before goods are dispatched.
- Prices may vary from time to time without notice as a result of currency fluctuations and/or increased manufacturing costs.
- Freight is charged at cost on orders. Customers may specify their own freight carriers. Although Dateline Imports uses a national courier at bulk prices, there are cases where small independent carriers specialising in particular areas may offer freight at competitive prices.
- Please note for products that are classified as dangerous goods the freight rate may be higher. You may also need to allow an additional 24hours for delivery.
- Claims must be made within 7 days of delivery. The Dateline Imports Credit Application must be completed which amongst other details, will require the invoice number/s to be provided for the goods returned.
- Credit will only be issued in the case of incorrect delivery or replacement of stock damaged during transit. Where the correct number of cartons has been signed for any subsequent claim for missing cartons will not be accepted. Where goods have been incorrectly ordered and are returned for a credit a restocking fee of 10% and freight charges are payable by the customer.
- Goods cannot be returned because a customer finds the goods sell slowly or not at all. Dateline Imports does not supply on a sale or return basis.
- Incorrectly supplied goods must be in as new condition with unopened and undamaged packaging with all prices tags or stickers removed. Contact your Dateline Imports Sales Representative or Dateline Imports Head Office if your goods are incorrectly supplied.
- Goods returned for a credit must be in a resalable condition. If stock is received damaged or used, no credit or replacement will be issued and stock will be sent back to the customer at their own expense.
- Appliances are covered by a New Replacement Warranty in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the warranty card accompanying the appliance which excludes, amongst other things, claims arising from user negligence (e.g. external damage, blocked air ducts/filters and broken motor mountings which is readily detected by shaking a dryer).
- It is the customer’s responsibility to return appliances subject to any warranty claim to Dateline Imports.
- Proof of purchase (e.g. invoice, receipt) and a completed warranty card is required before any claim will be processed.
- Where an appliance is replaced under this warranty it will be replaced with the same appliance or, if such appliance has been discontinued, by an equivalent appliance in value.